TerrainComposer 2.5 (released 2 May 2017)
Can be downloaded here.
- Portals (On the portal node, lock the inspector and drag and drop the node you want to make a portal from, unlock).
- Import heightmap from existing terrain tiles (is in Height export settings, choose ‘Export Source’ Terrain Data_Files).
- Save/Load terrains at runtime with terrain serialization script. Saves and load any terrain state to binary file. This is not dependent on TC2. Textures/Trees need to be saved in a ‘Resources’ folder in Unity Project.
- Terrains disable with middle mouse click on tile buttons in TerrainArea inspector. Shift + middle click enabled/disables them all.
- Collision node captures with the resolution of the output of the node, giving more precision.
- Heightmap automatically regenerates when needed instead of giving the message to do it manually.
- ‘Current’ node as first node doesn’t give error anymore but deactivates it.
- Warnings removed from Unity5.6
TerrainComposer 2.4 (released 25 March 2017)
Can be downloaded here.
- Can use images directly in color select nodes. This allows for a new way of colormap stamping. (WorldComposer integration).
- Splat- and grass texture limit now on 16 instead of 8.
- RTPv3 Preset with TerrainComposer2 terrain textures. To have instant good results with TC2 + RTPv3.
Preset is in folder TerrainComposer2/Examples/Presets/RTPv3/RTPv3_Preset0 (Needs to be loaded from ReliefTerrain script in ‘Main’ presets).
- Lerp slider for tree/object scaling according to mask.
- Lock TerrainArea GameObject scale to prevent scaling this by accident which would result in terrain tile gaps or overlaps.
TerrainComposer 2.32 (released 16 March 2017)
- Partial generation for the new TC2 Node Painter extension by Seneral:
TerrainComposer 2.31 (released 28 February 2017)
- Getting error when making a build.
- Obsolete warning fix for Unity5.5 with TextureImportSettings normal map.
TerrainComposer 2.3 (released 23 February 2017)
Is currently available on the Asset Store.
- Four new complete examples.
- RTPv3 integration, auto assign normal map to RTP on export.
- Create or assign parent for spawned objects.
- Input fields for world and local curves for nodes, for more precision.
- Tree and object placement counter for each tree and object node, layer and layer group.
- New default curve button for linear and bell curves.
- Exported normal map is set to normal map in image import settings.
- Link scale to mask default setting for trees and objects select able in settings.
- Auto generation isn’t executed on play/stop, recompiling and Unity startup.
- When node is invalid eye indicator turns red.
- Random button for global seed in TC2 window.
- Animated documentation button when opening TC2 window for first time.
- Tree node inspector gave null reference error and didn’t draw entire GUI when this happened.
- Using less then 5 splat textures gave error.
- Using collision node on objects to get terrain height didn’t work correctly anymore, which made example scene not give correct results.
- Enabled splat texture tab again for RTP.
TerrainComposer 2.21 (released 25 January 2017)
- Out of beta.
- RTPv3 integration with colormap.
- Creating colormaps is functional now.
- Exporting heightmap, normal maps, splat maps and color maps.
- Splat texture limitation exceeding error is fixed.
TerrainComposer 2.19 beta7m (released 21 January 2017)
- Objects can have advanced scale settings for each axis.
- Unity 5.5/5.6 support.
- Fix collision node for Unity5.5/5.6.
- Objects height to exact terrain height.
- TerrainArea settings didn’t get saved.
- Wrap mode ‘Mirror’ for images and stamps.
- Seed for each node type.
- Image node.
- Edge detect node.
- New Advanced 3d Noises: Perlin, Billow, Ridged, Voronoi, IQ, Swiss, Jordan.
- New noise modes to create more variation: Normal, Simplex and Value.
- Spatial Grid Shapes with repeat shape.
- Quick solution for minimum distance between placement.
- Each node has ‘Notes’ where you can put a description.
- Load/Save presets in node inspector for noises and shapes, new presets included.
- Snap rotation range of spawned objects.
- For Blur Node new ‘Blur Modes’ -> ‘Outward’, ‘Inward’.
- Flip scale buttons on the nodes: Node Group, Layer and Layer Group.
- Spawn Objects with ‘Link to Prefab’ option.
- Unhide TerrainLayer GameObject (Advanced Settings).
- Precise placement control with values for recreation of maps.
- Added ‘Generate’ button to TC2 window, right click output button will only generate that output now.
- Added ‘Reset all Texture’ in right click menu in TC2 window.
- Displaying global scale in node inspector.
- Terrains can now be excluded from generating.
- Automatically make splat texture tiling fit on terrain edges.
- Node size y is working now.
- Popup list for clamp/repeat/mirror instead of toggles in node inspector.
- Auto apply terrain changes when clicking away from TerrainArea GameObject.
- Grass render mode added to terrain grass setup.
- Child nodes spawn at parent position, instead of Scene origin.
- WorldMachine export ‘R16′ format can be used directly without renaming it to ‘Raw’.
- Stamp preview image resolution to 512 from 2k and format from 32bit to 24bit.
- Solution for missing middle mouse button.
- Control click an output button in the right top of the TC window to focus on it.
- CPU code optimizations.
- GPU Compute shader optimizations.
- Parent Spawned objects to terrain tile.
- Drag and drop Prefab or GameObject directly on Object node.
- Replaced min and max (< >) operator icons.
- Detection of Unity’s ‘Forced Text’ prefab deserialization bug.
- Terrain neighbors were not set, so there are no seams at terrain edges in Editor and Runtime mode.
- On going to play mode grass would reset if TerrainArea resolutions tab was selected.
- Unity5.4 Random.seed obsolete warnings.
- Generating multi terrain tiles work fine now.
- Total tree and object spawned counter for multi terrain tiles.
- Shape circle ‘radius’ in inspector is actually ‘diameter’.
- Angle and Convexity node multi terrain edge fix.
- Detail meshes were not selectable.
- Runtime terrain settings did not work.
- Collision node multi terrain fix.
- Correct flat height after click ‘Height’ reset button in Terrain Area GameOjbect.
- Apply to Terrain/TerrainArea added to splat tab in Terrain Area GameObject.
- Preview textures on nodes for multi terrains.
- In TerrainArea Inspector the y is flipped for the terrain tile buttons.
- Load stamps in webplayer build mode.
- Load stamps at runtime.
- Unity Scene File gets big because of included TC2 height texture.
- Getting index out of range error when using less then 5 assigned splat/grass textures.
- Reducing terrain tiles out of range error with selected terrain tile that doesn’t exist anymore.
TerrainComposer2 beta 6
- Stamp (Raw file) node will display automaticaly the name of the stamp, also visible now in the inspector.
- Size to set the size of the stamp to have more control over accurate placing. Size Y doesn’t work yet.
- Webplayer build mode `System.IO.File’ does not contain a definition for `ReadAllBytes’ fix.
TerrainComposer2 beta 5b
- Convexity (Convex and Concave) node.
- New Examples Scenes with animated height/splat terrain.
- Tutorial example included as TC2 project and presets.
- New animate transform and seed script. See example Scenes.
- Unity 5.4 b22 compute issue is fixed. It runs on Unity 5.4 beta now.
- Objects and trees gave out of range error and needed to click ‘Refresh’ button.
- ‘Change’ button in Terrain Area for selecting folders could get out of screen view.
- Icons on Terrain Area would disappear when going to play mode.
TerrainComposer2 beta 4
- Animate script.
- Collision Node -> Collision Mode Height. This can be used e.g. for heightmap to adapt to object surface.
- Collision Node -> Collision Mode Mask. This can be used e.g. for vegetation not to be placed on a surface.
- Right click an Output Button (Height, Splat, Color, etc) will generate it even when its inactive.
- Undo on Scene move/rotate/scale and on drag and drop nodes in the TC window. Undo is working on many parts already and will be on everything.
- TC2 Window saves scroll position and zoom with Scene instead globally.
- Clicking the method in between nodes won’t change the selection anymore.
- Select nodes are hidden if layer only has 1 Select Item node.
- Select node cannot be deleted if there is only one. At least 1 select node is needed to make a layer valid.
- GPU optimization.
- Generated grass density was either 0 or 1.
- Node Group that is hidden when only showing one node can be set inactive, without being able to set it to active and the node wouldn’t work. Now it will automatically set the Node Group active.
- Error in generate stack will only spawn once.
- ObjectsParent GameObject null reference error.
TerrainComposer2 beta 3b
- To add a node to left or right with holding the alt key need to double click instead of single click. The alt key was interfering with drag&drop duplicate.
- Selection in TC2 window gets removed if another GameObject is selected in the Hierarchy.
- Grey-ed out curves if not active.
- Activated streaming optimizing. Multi- and single terrain generate now 1 output per frame. This will keep Unity Editor responsive while generating terrain or multi terrain tiles.
- Right click terrain tile in Terrain Area GameObject for selecting the terrain GameObject.
- Mask doesn’t scale on Y with scale gizmo so that the result keeps its shape while re-scaling.
- Holding delete key while deleting a node while there is no terrain assigned would also delete the Terrain Area as it is automatically selected.
- Delete/Duplicate node from Scene Window.
- Warning limit on 8 splat or grass textures. Later in the beta 16 splat and grass textures will be possible.
- On multi terrain grass textures only got applied on first terrain.